User will have previously created and saved a web map that has one or more feature layers. User will understand the functionality of Map Viewer Classic and general platform features and use.
Using Map Viewer a user can create interactive and shareable web maps similar to Map Viewer Classic. Much of the functionality is the same in Map Viewer as is found in Map Viewer Classic, but with an updated user interface and additional feature functionality.
1. Log-in to the Cadasta Platform.
2. Select a previously saved web map by navigating to the web map’s item description page.
3. Select the down arrow next to Open in Map Viewer Classic.
4. Select Open in Map Viewer. See the existing web map opened in the Map Viewer.
5. Layers can be added in two different ways:
- Basemaps can be added or altered by selecting basemaps.
- Charts can be added by selecting the desired layer’s More Options button(1) and Show Properties button (2).
Note: A layer’s properties is where symbology and other functionality can be configured.
6. To create a chart, select the Chart icon on the right side of the screen and Add Chart.
7. Select your desired chart type to create. In this example, a bar chart is selected.
8. Select Data.
9. Fill-out the required parameters.
Note: The Category parameter denotes the layer field (column) you would like to display.
10. After setting the parameters in the Data section, you will see a bar chart similar to this:
11. Go back to the bar chart properties, by selecting the back arrow (which you will do each time you want to return to the Bar chart properties window).
12. Select Series.
13. Select Side-by-side.
14. Select Stacked.
15. Select 100% Stacked.
16. Decide which series type you want to use. This example uses 100% Stacked.
17. Change the Series style(s) and label(s). This example uses 100% Stacked.
18. Use the back arrow to return to the bar chart properties and select Axis.
19. Change any parameters for the Axis.
20. Use the back arrow to return to the bar chart properties and select Format.
21. Fill out the format parameters as desired. This section is where the user will change the bar chart’s visualization such as text color, background color, and other chart elements.
22. Use the back arrow to return to the bar chart properties and select General.
23. Fill out the general parameters as desired. This section is where the user will change the bar chart’s visualization such as titles and other textual elements.
24. Save the web map and explore other functionality as desired.