1. Navigate to the desired Web Map Item Details
2. Click Open in Map Viewer
3. See the Web Map with a visible background image (Basemap Image Layer)
4. Click Content
5. Click the Expand Arrow of the Basemap Imagery Layer Group to show the Basemap Layer(s)
Note: This example uses the Dark Gray Canvas Basemap Imagery Layer Group, which includes the Dark Gray Reference and Dark Gray Base Layers.
6. Click More Options found under the desired layer
Note: This example shows the Dark Gray Base Layer.
7. Click or hover your mouse over Transparency
8. Set Transparency to 100% for any basemap imagery
9. See that there is no longer a basemap present
10. Click Save