This quiz is intended to test your knowledge on how to diagnose basic tech problems of field data collectors to resolve issues or identify avenues for unresolved problems.
1. You open a survey in the Survey123 mobile app and go to a question with location. When you press the Map icon you cannot see the map in the background. What do you do?
a. Restart the survey
b. Wait until the map appears, especially if you are in an area with low cellular connection
c. Restart your mobile device
d. Wait for the supervisor to help
2. You open a survey in the Survey123 mobile app and go to a question with a location. When you press the Map icon you see that the GPS location is not showing in the correct location. What do you do?
a. Walk around until the GPS location shows up correctly
b. Stay in place until the GPS location shows up correctly
c. Restart the survey
d. Go to another question in the survey and then go back to the location question
3. You filled out the survey but when you press Submit it takes you back to one of the questions. How can you stop this from happening again?
a. Ensure that all mandatory questions have been filled out before pressing the Submit button
b. Ask the mobile app nicely to submit the survey
c. Restart the mobile device
d. None of the above
4. You filled out the survey and do not see an option to submit the survey. You only see an option to Submit Later. Why is this happening?
a. The survey is broken and needs to be reloaded
b. The mobile device is low on battery
c. The survey does not include this option and needs to be fixed by the supervisor
d. You are in an area with low or no internet connectivity. Once you move to an area with higher connectivity this option will show up and then you can submit your response
5. You opened the survey but do not see any maps available for download. What do you do?
a. Ask your supervisor to make sure that offline maps have been created for this survey
b. Wait until the list of maps shows up
c. Refresh the survey
d. All of the above